Thursday, September 15

Fall into Fashion

Tonight my dear friend Megan came over for a movie night. Although she is a friend of mine she really has no sense of fashion, I can say this because she tells me this all the time. She is always asking me fashion questions and how to put things together. (Actually shout out to Meg A because she is the one who basically made me write my first blog post)One of my favorite things to do is put outfits together especially for others because everyone has different styles and tastes which is so intriguing for me to experiment with various things. So one of the first things she asks me when she comes over is about her most recent purchase which was a Camel colored jacket from Target. She had bought this leather jacket but was not sure what to wear it with...she just thought it was “jazzy.” Since fall clothes have arrived, which I am slightly bummed about since my favorite thing to wear is summer dresses, I decided to help her put together an outfit perfect for any fall day. 

Carmel motorcycle jacket
 I really love this motorcycle jacket since you can transition it from day to night. Plus this camel colored jacket color is so aDIORable. Looking through all the fashion mags you see a lot of this color for fall in anything from shoes to purses and jackets. Below I found some images of things I thought would work great with this jacket for first the day and then the night.

DAY:

Tops: Any basic white or black tee
Bottoms: Dark skinny jeans
Accessories: Scarf, cross body bag and skinny belt
Shoes: Flats

Target $12.99



Forever 21 $24.90
Express $34.90
H&M $5.95



Target $24.99
H&M $24.90
















Pulling it all together: I think when you have a basic outfit like this you can really play around with the accessories. Adding a fun printed scarf can really make the outfit. Also, adding pops of color (like the shoes, cross body bag and belt above) can make the outfit fun and flirty. To show off the belt, tuck in the underneath shirt into your jeans and place belt through belt loops.  I think it’s really cute when you can see the sleeves of the shirt underneath the jacket. To do so bunch or cuff the sleeves of the jacket and pull the underneath shirt through an inch or two below jacket sleeve. And Voila we got outfit #1.



NIGHT:

Tops: Button down shirt
Bottoms: Maxi skirt or above the knee skirt
Accessories: Bold chunky necklace
Shoes: Wedges

Norstrom $16.00

America Eagle $29.99
Nordstrom $34.00

  Francesca's $48.00



Pulling it all together: This outfit probably consists of some of my new favorite things for fall with the wedges, button down blouses and knee length to maxi skirts. Just like I did for the  day outfit I love adding pops of color or a fun print weather it being a main piece like a skirt or an accessory like a necklace. I love love love these shoes from Francesca's I think I may have to go get a pair.

*Let me know what you love, like or hate about these outfits.
XOXO, J

No comments:

Post a Comment