Monday, September 19

Fashion's Night Out

 Last week was one of my favorite times of the whole year. You may think I'm talking about the football season kicking off (GO BEARS!) or early planning for Christmas but for all my other fashionistas out there you probably know what I'm talking about. Last week was Fashion Week in NYC! To kick off Fashion week they dedicate a night out that's filled with fashion on Thursday called Fashion's Night Out! For anyone who doesn't know what I'm making all this hype about this glitz and glam night is all about an after hour fashion extravaganza that happens once the stores close. From New York City to Paris and Milan this night at various retailers is filled with fashion shows, previews of upcoming trends, models & celebs and fabulous clothes.. oh and can't forget the yummy treats and drinks! I was so excited because I was able to attend an event at Neiman Marcus on Chicago's Magnificent Mile with some friends from school. We got front row seats at the fashion show that was just absolutely amazing with all the fab clothes from the top designers for the fall season. Anything and everything from Dior, Dolce and Gabbana, Dona Karan and of course my favorite Chanel was showcased at the show. While all these clothes are one of a  kind they come with a top of the line price tag, Darn! It's really inspiring to see all the beautiful garments and while I can't afford anything shown at the show, hopefully someday, I wanted to try to find some pieces that resembled what I saw but with lower price points. For all of you who are in the same shoes as me and want the top designer goods without the HUGE price tag here are some just as great items I thought resembled some things I saw. And for all of you that can buy Chanel and Dior, props to you!
My girls and me at Fashion's Night out!
With one of the models

         My Outfit* Top: Express Skirt: Express Belt: Nordstrom Heels:  BCBG Jewelry: H&M




     


FASHION SHOW------->JESSICA'S PORTRAYAL


Bow blouse: H&M $9.95
















Belle Cape: Nordstrom $148 (Available in red)
















Sequin mini: Express $59.90
Lace tights: F21 $6.80





Wool coat w/ faux fur: H&M $79.95
Suede Boot: Nordstrom $149


Layers galore


Animal Print













The photos on the left were photos I took from the fashion show and on the right was my interpretation. The fashion show I saw featured lots of fur, tights, rust color coats, boots, lace, 70's inspired garments, chunky and cozy sweaters and RED, RED, RED! Did you get the point that red will be BIG for the Fall season!? Whether your looking for an excuse to spend some hard earned money or getting out last year's fall clothes. Putting together outfits for Fall 2011 can be easy as pie, well im no cook so Im not sure I should say that, but just think layers and experimenting with putting things together you have never tried or never thought to try. Who said you can't change your outfit 5 times till you find the perfect fit for you? Not me..

XOXO, J

No comments:

Post a Comment